“I love smiling. Smiling’s my favorite.” So said comedian Will Ferrel as the jubilant (if out-of-place) Elf in the film of the same name. If you type the words “Smile song lyrics” into Google search, the results are about 52,200,000.
Clearly, smiling is a lot of people’s favorite. Even people who have lost their sight or who have never seen a smile, do it in response to pleasure, humor or just pure joy. New parents can always recall the first time they saw their newborn child crack one of those gummy smiles. Even some animals appear to smile — the internet features thousands of videos of dogs, cats, dolphins and other critters seemingly grinning with glee.
Not everyone enjoys a good smile. Why? Maybe they don’t like the gap between their front teeth, or they’re embarrassed about their not-so pearly whites. As a result, some people – sadly – spend their entire lives covering or even stifling their smile.
We’d like to help put a smile on the face of everyone, so here are our 5 Top Tips on how to ensure your smile stays as bright and white and gorgeous as possible:
- Always brush your teeth between meals.
- Try to floss daily, as your dentist always advises. The trick is to find the flossing product of method that works best for you– it’s always easier to stick to something you don’t mind doing.
- New habits take around 21 days to make– so if you haven’t flossed in years, try the 21 day test.
- Invest in a good toothbrush– electric is what most dental professionals recommend. But if you have sensitive gums or any issues, maybe a good non-electric toothbrush is right for you. Always ask your dentist or hygienist.
- Use a fluoride-free toothpaste. Rae’s Café features OG Smile– a natural alternative to your supermarket and drug store brands that contains no harmful additives.
OG Smile is a minty fresh toothpaste developed for the special care of teeth and gums. It features natural products that promote oral health and leave teeth whiter and breath fresher. It also contains Ganoderma powder, a prized ancient Chinese herbal remedy that is one of nature’s richest sources of beneficial antioxidants. In the words of Charlie Chaplin, in that famous tune, Smile:
Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear, may be ever so near
That’s the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what’s the use of crying
You’ll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile.